Event Terms & Conditions
Event entry terms and conditions
Your entry to and participation of your selected event (“the Event”, “The Beast Race”) is provided to you by Zone Events Limited (“us”, “our” or “we”), a company incorporated under the Companies Acts (Registered No. SC595805) subject to these terms and conditions. References to the Event include all aspects of the Event organised by us including access, parking, the venue and the activity. By entering and participating in the Event you understand and accept the following terms and conditions:
Nature of the Event, Risks and Your Responsibilities
You knowingly and freely assume and accept all such risks, both known and unknown, and take full responsibility for your participation in all elements of the Event. You have familiarized yourself with the elements of the Event shown on our website and in the description below:
The Beast Race is designed to be an extremely challenging event where participants’ resilience, fitness and mental toughness will be tested. You can race against other participants as a solo racer, compete as part of a team, or see the event as a challenge between yourself and the course. The object is to complete the course.
The Beast Race will typically be held in challenging outdoor and/or wilderness environments that might include: mud, deep water, extreme heat or cold, adverse weather conditions such as snow, ice, fog, humidity and rain; involve extreme changes in elevation; and involve an inherent risk of contact with hazardous flora and fauna. Some of the hazardous activities within the Event include: running across undulating, rough and difficult terrain; tackling obstacles such as barbed wire, bales, hurdles, pipes, traversing under and over cargo nets, climbing over walls, climbing up/over/and through rope, cord and bungee obstacles, swimming and wading in cold water, sliding at speed into cold water and traversing muddy, marshy and boggy areas. In summation, the Beast Race is a hazardous activity that presents a significant physical and mental challenge to all participants.
We will use reasonable care and skill to provide an Event that is fit and suitable for Beast Race participants bearing in mind the paragraph above. Note that it is not possible to remove all elements of risk without compromising the unique challenging nature of the event.
• You acknowledge, accept and understand that the terrain and obstacles involved in the Event are physically and mentally challenging and hazardous and due to the nature of the Event, there is an inherent risk of acute illness, injury or even death.
• You understand that hazards within the Event may be magnified due to the fact that the Beast Race is often conducted under what may be extreme conditions and circumstances.
• You recognise the inherent risks associated with the Event and consider yourself physically and mentally able to take part in the Event.
• You are responsible for your own safety throughout the entire Event and you are taking part in the Event entirely at your own risk.
• You will adhere to any instructions given to you by the organisers, officials and marshals before, during and after the event, and we may stop you from taking part in the Event at any time.
• You agree to (i) behave appropriately at all times; (ii) act respectfully towards all people, equipment, property and facilities; and (iii) participate in the Event with a cooperative and positive attitude.
• You will notify the organisers, officials and marshals as soon as possible if you believe or become aware that any aspects of the Event course, facilities or equipment are unsafe or pose unreasonable risks to yourself or others.
• You accept full and sole responsibility for the condition and adequacy of all personal equipment that you bring to or use at the Event.
Payment, Entry Pre-Conditions and Liabilities
• For safety reasons all participants MUST bring official photo ID to event registration. Acceptable forms of ID include passport, driving licence or other forms of national photo ID. Failure to show official photo ID will mean you cannot participate in the event.
• You will be at least 18 years of age on the date of the Event.
• If you are 16 or 17 years of age (on the day of the event) you AND your parent or legal guardian have to agree to and accept all the event terms and conditions and consent to your participation in the Beast Race by signing the PDF ticket emailed to you. You, the participant, MUST bring this signed form to event registration along with your photo ID.
• Your entry fee paid to Zone Events is non-refundable.
• Your entry is not secured until the Event entry fee is received by us.
• We are not responsible for loss of or damage to property or for any additional costs you may incur in connection with the Event.
• You will pay us and any persons or organisations acting on our behalf for any damages, loss or costs caused by any of your negligent or destructive behaviour during the event.
• We reserve the right to cancel or close down the event if we consider there is an unacceptable risk to the event participants, our staff or the general public. In this highly unlikely happening (e.g. extreme weather) we will do our utmost to reorganise the Event for another date but cannot guarantee a replacement and we will not be able to refund the entry fee or any other costs associated with the Event.
• We recommend getting event cancellation insurance.
Rules of the Race
• You will not give your race entry to anyone else, pretend to be anyone else or swap any participant identification methods during the Event.
• You will be given an Event identifier at registration, which must be displayed for identification at all times.
• You will be running and negotiating obstacles with many other people and will show due consideration to their safety and enjoyment along with your own.
• If you see anyone who requires additional help or medical assistance you will help to the best of your ability and report the situation to an Event marshal as soon as possible.
• You understand that whilst each obstacle has been built to high standards and designed to minimise danger, risk still remains.
• You must consider other road users and observe the Highway Code if crossing any roads.
• You must not deviate from the official route, which will be marked.
• If you retire from the race at any point you will inform the nearest marshal or staff member as soon as possible and follow their directions as to the safest return route to the start/finish area where you must inform race HQ of your retirement and return your electronic timing fob.
• You understand and acknowledge that participation in the Event may cause injury or injuries that may be categorised as minor, serious or catastrophic (see below).
• Minor injuries are common and may include but are not limited to: scrapes, bruises, sprains, nausea and cuts.
• Serious injuries are less common but do sometimes occur. They include but are not limited to: property loss or damage, broken bones, torn ligaments, concussion, exposure, heat-related illness, mental stress or exhaustion and infection.
• Catastrophic injuries are rare; however, we feel that our participants should be aware of the possibility. These injuries can include permanent disabilities, spinal injuries and paralysis, stroke, heart attack and even death.
• In the event of an accident or illness whilst taking part in this event, you hereby give permission to our staff and contracted first aiders to initiate first aid treatment, any necessary medical transportation and to inform your next of kin.
• You understand that you are taking part in the Event in a remote and rural location where there may be a longer medical response time in the event of emergency.
• You agree to take part in this Event at your own risk and you will not hold us or our contractors responsible in the event of acute illness, injury or death.
• You have submitted true and accurate information of your medical history and present condition that may affect your participation or medical treatment in any part of the Event.
• You will inform us and associated first aid contractors if any medical conditions have changed between submitting this information and the Event happening.
• We strongly recommend that you get personal health insurance for the Event.
• We will hire well-established professional contractors to provide first-aid assistance who will have their own insurance. We take no responsibility for the actions of contracted services involved in the Event.
• We strongly recommend that you consult a doctor before undertaking any strenuous exercise, training programme or participating in the Event.
• Throughout the Event, you acknowledge and accept that you may be checked for suitability to continue on grounds of capability based on your state of health. If any of the marshals and medical staff believe that your safety is compromised by continuing the race, they reserve the right to ask you to stop. If you continue in the Event you will no longer be officially participating in the Event and we take no further responsibility for your participation.
Personal Data Terms and conditions
When purchasing a beast race ticket you agree and consent to the following terms and conditions:
We at Zone Events will use your data to provide you with important and relevant information regarding the event and provide the services and experiences that are fundamental to your well-informed, safe and enjoyable participation, before, during and after the event.
You consent to your personal information being provided to professional first aid and safety providers who perform vital safety services on our behalf. This includes the emergency services, professional first aid provider and our own staff at Zone Events. The information provided to these companies will only be such information that is strictly required for performing their service. In particular, you specifically acknowledge the necessity for us to provide those engaged in providing first aid and marshalling services with the medical information that you provide to us in order to ensure your welfare during the Event.
Images and video for marketing purposes: Official event photographers, film makers and drone film makers/photographers will be present at the event and may capture you. These images and video may be used on our official event websites: www.beastrace.co.uk, and by our event partners or on online event listings, blogs, newspaper articles and other forms of public marketing or news channels online or print media to promote the event. We will never link, identify, disclose or match your name to an image or film you may be present in. If you see your image on any of our official media channels we control you can request they are removed by emailing: firstname.lastname@example.org
We may share your data with our third party administration, marketing & PR contractors to perform communications, market research and reporting for us that are relevant to the event. This may include things like age or general location demographics but will never individually identify you. We may also use data profiling to ensure that you receive tailored communications in the future.
We will share your relevant data with our chosen race timing service provider so they can provide you with a personalised race timing service at the event. The information provided to this company will only be such information that is strictly required for performing their service.
Right to Access: At any time you can request details of the information we hold on you and request to be provided with electronic copies of that data. We can also show you where data is being securely stored and what it is being used for. You can make this request by emailing: email@example.com
Right to be Forgotten: You may request access to, change or delete personal data held by us at any time. At any time you can request us to delete your personal data from our database and also stop sharing it with third parties (charity partner), who are then obligated to stop processing it. You can make this request by emailing: firstname.lastname@example.org
Right to Complain: We work to hard to protect your data and only process it to provide you with the service you have consented to. If you have concerns, please contact us at email@example.com and we’ll respond. If you wish to make a complaint about our information rights practices you may do so directly to the Information Commissioners Office here: https://ico.org.uk/make-a-complaint/
Data Portability: Upon request, we can provide you with your personal data in a “commonly used machine-readable format”. You can make this request by emailing: firstname.lastname@example.org
Data Retention Period: We store personal data for 7 Years from the date of your last consent/participation at the event. After this period your data will be permanently deleted unless you state otherwise.