NOTICE: Due to COVID-19 and the need to create more waves some of you will have been moved from your 'preferred wave'. We have kept everyone as close to their first choice as possible. Please do not ask us to change your wave.
Documents you must bring
1. Printed & Signed PDF ticket
2. Photo ID – we will accept your passport or your driving licence
NOTE: We have recently updated your PDF ticket to include a Covid Health Declaration, please make sure you bring this updated ticket to the event. If unsure download your ticket again from Eventbrite. See section below
How to register at the event
1. Arrive at registration at the time listed above
2. Hand over your printed PDF ticket and show photo ID to registration staff
3. Receive your timing chip
4. Go to the start grid area 10 mins before wave starts
NOTE: We have recently updated your ticket to include a Covid Health Declaration, please make sure you bring this updated ticket to the event.
Log into the Eventbrite account you created when you first signed up (make sure your using the right email address!) click on your account name (top right of page), select Tickets, click on ticket and select Print Ticket.
Still don't have tickets or an Eventbrite account?
Contact the person that signed you up and ask them to print the ticket for you.
If they did not enter your email address when signing you up we cannot email you!
1. Official photo ID
2. Printed and signed PDF ticket from your entry confirmation email
3. Any required medication
Race equipment and clothing:
- Trail running shoes with good grip
- Synthetic sports clothing that sheds water quickly and keeps you warm when wet (Lycra, - -powerstretch etc.); gloves/hat (optional)
- Towel/s- Full change of clothes and footwear
- Additional warm clothes (fleece, warm jackets etc.)
- you will be cold and wet!
- Warm hat and gloves
- Plastic bags/trug/plastic box to put all your wet equipment into
- Cash (if you want to purchase food and drink at the event)
- You must bring a mask to the event and wear it when queuing and inside the registration hall
- You will be able to dispose of your mask before you start
- You will be given a fresh mask at the end of the race (we'd be grateful if you could wear a mask when collecting Tshirts and medals etc)
- Sanitising stations will be present along the course and event base
- Handwashing stations will be available at the water station and finish line
- Physical distancing measures will be in place
The course and obstacles will involve travelling through mud, bog and water in wild and natural environments, there is an inherent risk of mud or water borne infection, we strongly recommend you keep your head out of the mud and bog areas and wash your hands with soap and water before eating and drinking – There are hand wash stations at the water station and at the finish line.
Knockburn Sports Loch, Strachan, Banchory, AB31 6LL
The venue is often windy and exposed, there is very limited marquee space - Be ready for anything!Weather forecast
Please note that it is on grass and may be wet and slippery!
Where to leave valuables
There is a secure key & ID document drop at registration, which is very close to the car park, so you can leave all your other items in the car.
Drinking water is available approximately halfway around the course and at the finish.
Unfortunately we do not have showers available
There will be plenty of toilets close to the start line including disabled access toilets
The event base area is on flat cut grass that may be soft depending on previous weather. Disabled parking is on grass close to the event base. Some obstacles will be accessible for viewing if you have limited mobility. Disabled toilets are provided. Please contact us if you have specific questions.
There’s a feast after the Beast! Available to purchase is a fine selection of hot food and real coffee.
We now have the green light from the authorities to welcome spectators back in! HOWEVER, all spectators must sign up to our track and trace system here before attending, follow the links below to sign up now:
Track & Trace - Banchory Beast Race
We welcome your supporters and spectating is free! Spectators will have excellent viewing access to some major obstacles within a short walk of the event centre. There are several great vantage points from which friends and family can watch and photograph your achievement. They can also enjoy the excellent food, drink and atmosphere.
Feel free to bring your family, there is some great spectating to be had! However, for their own safety you must not allow children access onto the course or obstacles at anytime before, during or after the race.
Sorry, please leave the mutts at home. The Beast Race locations are situated on farm land and sporting/event facilities, and the event base will be a very busy area.